Wednesday, December 26, 2007

2007 in Review


Aren't we all doing this before New Year's Day? Looking back and seeing what we failed to do, and praising the Lord for what He has done. Last January I said I'd never fly back to USA during these holidays - but here I am in Oklahoma again! February was our Murder Mystery Dinner which raised $1000 for the April mission trip with students to Manila, Philippines. Then I learned grandkids were on the way - twins! In June, I visited a friend in Yanji, China and traveled to Oklahoma, TX, and LA seeing people. I was with Shauna when she got the scare about premature labor and was put on bedrest. But I returned to Korea on August 12 to teach one more year, in yet another apartment - with a new roommate - Sharon. October brought the elementary soccer tournie, school picnic, and an incredible spirit of revival on campus. I also traveled to see the twins October 20 - Nov 4. Thanksgiving break I went to a coworker's wedding in Pusan with 4 friends - on the KTX train! In December the missions banquet raised $2000 for this April - 28 students and 14 adults going! And the Christmas program played to a packed house! We continue to praise God for how He answered prayers this year - and how He continues to work in our lives and at ICS in Korea! May Jesus be Lord of my life in 2008, and yours, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Shauna and Chris, and their 2 sons! So glad to hear you could be there both in October and now! Sounds like you're leaning on this being your last year in South Korea. It would be very compelling to seek teaching work there, near the family. But I know you seek God's leading and not just your own. Hopefully, they can be both met?! Enjoy the next week together! Love, Mary and John [ps: this is my first reply to a blog; just returned from an Austin visit with my brother and sis-in-law with John, David.] Thanks for the update! Remembering you as I thank God, Mary